I planned a Spring bikepacking trip with a couple of my rad Velocio // Exploro teammates, but heavy snowfall forecasted for the southern California mountains prompted us to change plans and we headed for Death Valley, CA—one of the hottest, driest places in the country. (Spoiler alert: we still got snow). We also got incredible gravel riding that far surpassed our expectations, amazing scenery, and countless memories from an epic ladies trip!
This was not only #newbikeday for me but #newbiketrip! The RaceMax cruised through sandy sections, chunky descents, a few inches of snow, yet still performed beautifully on the long pavement climbs out of the valley to reach the tops of the descents.
My 3T Exploro RaceMax Build:
- SRAM 1x mullet build. Force eTap AXS and Eagle mix. 42 in the front, 10-50 in the back.
- Fizik Cyrano R1 Bull handlebar, with Fizik bar gel kit.
- Fizik Cyrano R1 stem.
- Fizik Luce Regular saddle.
- HUNT 4 Season Gravel Disc wheelset.
- Schwalbe G-One Allround 700x38c.
- Stages Dash M50 GPS bike computer.