It’s funny how cars from your childhood can inspire you, but passing long hours in the passenger seat with your family certainly leaves a lasting impression. In this case, that car was the 1973 Porsche 914 in Alaska Metallic Blue. Exploro rider Kent McNeil remembers the many hours spent with his grandfather rolling through the roads of Leelanau County, Michigan in that machine so when he looked to refresh his Exploro there was only going to be one color he went with.
Nowadays Kent takes on the rough Michigan with his 3T Exploro. Newly updated with some custom paint from Dan Ellis at up.bike and a SRAM Red/Eagle AXS mullet setup he’s got a machine ready to create new memories for years to come.
And finally the 1973 Porsche 714 in question
- Paint Color: Alaska Blue Metallic
- Shifters: SRAM RED eTap AXS HRD
- Brakes: SRAM Red post-mount disc
- Crankset: SRAM Red AXS Power Meter
- Chain Rings: SRAM Red, 46t
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS
- Wheels: Reynolds ATR 700c
- Tires: Tracer Pro 2Bliss Ready, 700c x 38mm
- Cassette: XG-1299 Eagle, 10-52 Copper
- Handlebars: Easton EC70 AX, carbon
- Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy 7